Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Moore
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’ve recently installed a Protectowire PHSC-190-XCR (500 feet) Linear Heat Detector Cable in a commercial building. However, I’m encountering some issues with its functionality. The system doesn’t seem to be detecting heat accurately or consistently. What could be causing this problem, and how can I troubleshoot it effectively?

Khris James

Hey there,

When troubleshooting issues with the Protectowire PHSC-190-XCR Linear Heat Detector Cable, there are a few potential factors to consider:

Installation Environment: Ensure that the cable is installed correctly and in the appropriate environment as specified by the manufacturer. Improper installation, such as excessive bends or tension, can affect its performance.

Cable Integrity: Check for any physical damage to the cable, such as cuts or abrasions, which could compromise its functionality. Even minor damage can impact heat detection accuracy.

Interference: Assess for any potential sources of interference, such as nearby electrical equipment or radio frequency (RF) signals, which might disrupt the cable’s sensing capabilities.

Temperature Variations: Verify that the cable is exposed to the expected temperature ranges within its operational specifications. Extreme temperatures or fluctuations beyond its rated range could affect its performance.

Testing Equipment: Utilize appropriate testing equipment to assess the cable’s functionality and ensure that it is responding correctly to heat stimuli along its length.

By systematically investigating these factors, you can narrow down the potential causes of the issue and implement the necessary troubleshooting steps to resolve it effectively.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top