Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Lee
    Participant

Help! I’m having trouble with my System Sensor B200S Intelligent Addressable Sounder Base. It’s not sounding when the fire alarm goes off. What could be the issue, and how can I troubleshoot it?

Khris James

Hey there! If your B200S isn’t sounding during a fire alarm event, there could be a few potential issues to check. First, ensure that the wiring connections between the sounder base and the fire alarm control panel are secure and intact. Sometimes loose or damaged wiring can prevent proper communication.

Next, verify that the sounder base is correctly addressed within the system. If it’s not properly addressed, it won’t receive the signal to sound during an alarm. You can check and adjust the address settings using the programming features of your fire alarm control panel.

Also, make sure the sounder base has power. Check if it’s receiving the appropriate voltage from the power source. If the power supply is insufficient or there’s a problem with the power distribution, the sounder base may not activate.

Lastly, confirm that the sounder base itself is operational. Test it manually using the test button on the device if available, or through the fire alarm control panel’s testing functions. If it still doesn’t sound, there may be a fault with the sounder base itself, and you may need to replace it.

By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with your System Sensor B200S Intelligent Addressable Sounder Base. Let me know if you need further assistance!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Khris James.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top