Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sophia Davis
    Participant

I recently installed a Kidde P4010ACS smoke alarm in my home, but I’m having some trouble with it. The alarm keeps chirping intermittently, even though I’ve replaced the batteries. What could be causing this issue?

Khris James

The intermittent chirping on your Kidde P4010ACS smoke alarm could be due to a few reasons. Firstly, ensure that the batteries you’ve replaced are fresh and installed correctly, with the correct polarity. Sometimes, even new batteries can be faulty, so trying a different set might resolve the issue.

Secondly, check for any dust or debris inside the smoke alarm that might be interfering with its functionality. Gently vacuuming or using compressed air to clean the unit can often eliminate false alarms.

Lastly, if the problem persists, it’s possible that there’s a malfunction within the smoke alarm itself. In such cases, it’s best to contact Kidde customer support for further assistance or consider replacing the unit if it’s still under warranty. Remember, smoke alarms are crucial for your safety, so it’s essential to address any issues promptly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top